By Anthony C. Thiselton
- Addresses questions about the content material, environment, and authenticity of the 2 Thessalonian letters, drawing on responses from prime students, poets, hymn writers, preachers, theologians, and biblical students during the ages
- Offers new insights into matters they elevate touching on feminist biblical interpretation.
- Provides a historical past of two-way impacts, as exemplified through Ulrich Luz, Hans Robert Jauss, and Hans-Georg Gadamer
- Written via Anthony Thiselton, a number one commentator at the Greek New Testament
Read Online or Download 1 and 2 Thessalonians Through the Centuries (Wiley Blackwell Bible Commentaries) PDF
Similar christian reference books
Predicted so far again to the very early Jesus circulate, the misplaced Gospel referred to as Q bargains a unique and memorable photograph of Jesus and his significance--and person who differs markedly from that provided by means of its modern, the apostle Paul. Q offers Jesus as a prophetic critic of unbelief and a sage with the knowledge that may rework.
This exposition on what the writer calls "one of the richest and most pretty elements of the notice of God" is obvious in language, easy and hot in educating, wealthy in functional program, and trustworthy to Scripture. This exposition is addressed to not the students, yet to the exact same viewers for whom the apostle wrote the epistle: the "beloved of God, known as to be saints.
The Exegetical consultant to the Greek New testomony (EGGNT) closes the distance among the Greek textual content and the to be had lexical and grammatical instruments, supplying all of the valuable info for higher realizing of the textual content. The sequence makes reading any given New testomony e-book more straightforward, particularly in the event you are not easy pressed for time yet are looking to hold forth or train with accuracy and authority.
‘Building your Jerusalem’, provides you with a fresh view of Christian ethics. In it, you'll examine a few common rules, in addition to a practical and down-to-earth method of Christianity. At a truly primary point, it is going to assist you comprehend, ethical Christian values, that would easily advisor your religion, despite the place you're, in your trip.
- Claiming Her Dignity: Female Resistance in the Old Testament
- Matthew tells us the good news about Jesus
- Refiguring Theological Hermeneutics: Hermes, Trickster, Fool
- The Human Bible New Testament: Translated and Introduced by Robert M. Price
- A Bible Study of Proverbs Chapter 2--Book 1
Additional info for 1 and 2 Thessalonians Through the Centuries (Wiley Blackwell Bible Commentaries)
1 and 2 Thessalonians Through the Centuries (Wiley Blackwell Bible Commentaries) by Anthony C. Thiselton