By John M. Najemy
- Captures Florence's transformation from a medieval commune into an aristocratic republic, territorial nation, and monarchy
- Weaves jointly highbrow, cultural, social, monetary, non secular, and political developments
- Academically rigorous but obtainable and attractive to the overall reader
- Likely to develop into the normal paintings on Renaissance Florence for years to come
Read or Download A History of Florence 1200-1575 PDF
Best world history books
This assortment is the 1st book-length scholarly learn of the pervasiveness and importance of Roxolana within the ecu mind's eye. Roxolana, or "Hurrem Sultan," was once a sixteenth-century Ukrainian girl who made an extraordinary profession from harem slave and concubine to criminal spouse and consultant of the Ottoman Sultan Suleiman the awesome (1520-1566).
Charting the evolution of the port towns of Atlantic Spain and Portugal over 4 centuries, this publication examines the customarily dynamic interplay among the massive privileged ports of Lisbon, Seville and Cadiz (the Metropoles) and the smaller ports of, between others, Oporto, Corunna and Santander (the moment Tier).
In 1989 and 1990 the map of Europe used to be redrawn with no battle, not like different nice ruptures of the foreign order equivalent to 1815, 1870, 1918, and 1945. How did this take place? This significant multinational research, according to data from either side of the 'Iron Curtain', highlights the contribution of overseas statecraft to the peaceable dissolution of Europe's bipolar order by way of studying pivotal summit conferences from 1970 to 1990.
Insint líofa léir atá in Éagóir ar eachtra staire atá greanta cross glé fós i ndaonchuimhne an phobail lenar bhain sí. Baineann croí an scéil le crochadh éagórach agus príosúnú saoil ar dhaoine neamhchiontacha bunaithe ar fhianaise bhréige, ar bhrathadóirí, agus ar mhímhacántacht na n-údarás agus na n-uaisle.
- War Time: An Idea, Its History, Its Consequences
- D.H. Lawrence's Australia: Anxiety at the Edge of Empire
- Currents in Transatlantic History: Encounters, Commodities, Identities (Walter Prescott Webb Memorial Lectures, published for the University of Texas at Arlington by Texas A&M University Press)
- Ireland: The Politics of Enmity 1789-2006 (Oxford History of Modern Europe)
- Reformations Old and New: The Socio-Economic Impact of Religious Change, c.1470–1630 (St Andrews Studies in Reformation History)
- Before the Industrial Revolution: European Society and Economy, 1000-1700 (Third Edition)
Extra info for A History of Florence 1200-1575
A History of Florence 1200-1575 by John M. Najemy